OFFICIAL 12 DAYS OF GIVEAWAY RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (THE 50 UNITED STATES INCLUDES THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA) AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC WHICH IS VOID), OR WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Sweepstakes Period/Description: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on December 1, 2020 and will end at 11:59PM CT on December 12, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of twelve (12) individual Entry Periods (the “Entry Period(s)”), as detailed in Section 4 below. One (1) random drawing (the “Random Drawing(s)”) will be held on or about one (1) days after the end the Entry Period, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period, in order to select one (1) potential Entry Period prize winner for each Entry Period.
3. Eligibility: Johnston & Murphy’s 12 Days of Giveaways (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to permanent legal US residents currently residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States (the 50 United States includes the District of Columbia) or Canada (excluding Quebec which is void), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of their entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Genesco, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, production companies, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All entries made from outside the areas of eligibility specified above shall not be eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding.
4. How To Enter: There is one (1) possible method of entry to this Sweepstakes, as detailed below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day throughout the Sweepstakes Period. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a day is considered to begin at 12:00:00 am ET and end at 11:59:59 pm ET. Each entrant's odds of winning is dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
Via Johnston & Murphy’s Website – During the Sweepstakes Period, visit http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/twelve-days-giveaways.html (“Sponsor’s Website”). Once at Sponsor’s Website, follow the onscreen prompts to advance to the Sweepstakes registration screen and complete and submit all required registration information (hereinafter an “Entry”).
ENTRY PERIOD CHART
Entry Period # Entry Period Dates
1 December 1, 2020
2 December 2, 2020
3 December 3, 2020
4 December 4, 2020
5 December 5, 2020
6 December 6, 2020
7 December 7, 2020
8 December 8, 2020
9 December 9, 2020
10 December 10, 2020
11 December 11, 2020
12 December 12, 2020
5. Random Drawing: On or about one (1) business days after the end of the Entry Period, one (1) Random Drawing will be held, from among all eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period, in order to select one (1) potential Entry Period prize winners for each day.
6. Sweepstakes Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Entry Period #1 Prize: Seven (7) pairs of the Holiday Socks. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred twelve dollars ($112).
Entry Period #2 Prize: One (1) pair of the XC Flex Cody Shearling Boot. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred ninety nine dollars ($199).
Entry Period #3 Prize: One (1) pair of the McGuffey Shearling Slip-On. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred thirty nine dollars ($139).
Entry Period #4 Prize: One (1) Reversible Vest. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred ninety nine dollars and fifty cents ($199.50).
Entry Period #5 Prize: One (1) pair of the XC4 Kristy. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is two hundred twenty nine dollars ($229).
Entry Period #6 Prize: One (1) Mini Patterned Wool Coat. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is two hundred sixty nine dollars and fifty cents ($269.50).
Entry Period #7 Prize: One (1) pair of the Miranda. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred sixty nine dollars ($169).
Entry Period #8 Prize: One (1) pair of men's shoes and one (1) pair of boy's shoes. The ARV or max of this Entry Period prize is approximately four hundred sixty four dollars ($464).
Entry Period #9 Prize: One (1) pair of the XC4 Summit Boot. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred ninety nine dollars ($199).
Entry Period #10 Prize: One (1) pair of boy's shoes. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is sixty five dollars ($65).
Entry Period #11 Prize: One (1) pair of the XC4 H1-Luxe Hybrid. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is one hundred seventy nine ($179).
Entry Period #12 Prize: One (1) outfit including one (1) pair of shoes, one (1) outerwear item, one (1) sweater, one (1) shirt, one (1) belt, one (1) pair of pants and one (1) pair of socks. The ARV of this Entry Period prize is eight hundred seventy five dollars ($875).
7. General Prize Conditions: Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. No cash substitution. All standard and stated Gift Card terms and conditions apply.
8. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: On or about one (1) business day after the Random Drawing is performed, Sponsor may make two (2) attempts, over a two (2) business day period, to contact the potential Sweepstakes prize winners, via email, in order to confirm any information necessary to declare such potential Sweepstakes prize winner as an official Sweepstakes prize winner. If a potential Sweepstakes prize winner cannot be reached during the above referenced period in which he/she is attempted to be contacted, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible Entries for that applicable drawing. Further, if a potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited arithmetic skill testing question as a condition to being named an official winner. By accepting a prize herein, prize winners hereby consent to the use by the Sweepstakes Entities of their Entry and all information contained therein and relating to the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), as well as any pictures of the winners enjoying the prize(s), for any and all uses and purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world without additional consideration, consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. Noncompliance, failure to return any documents within the time specified, failure to respond to notification attempt(s) or return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner will be selected (as applicable). All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Johnston & Murphy may wish to publish the Facebook First Name and Last Initial of the winners. Johnston & Murphy stands by its commitments of confidentiality related to the winner’s identity and will request written permission from each winner prior to publicizing any Names or comments on the website or related media.
9. General Terms: Any violation or noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, mail, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including www.johnstonmurphy.com or the Promotion Application, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be modified, suspended and/or terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted where Sponsor sees fit and the prizes will be awarded via random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
10. Limitation of Liability: Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, Inc. (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, Inc. from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize; and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, Inc. shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities or by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree that if they are selected as a potential winner, such potential winner agrees, from that point forward, to take no action which is intended, or would reasonably be expected, to harm the Sweepstakes Entities, or their reputation or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to the Sweepstakes Entities (“Disparaging Remarks”). For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, Disparaging Remarks, comments, or statements are those that impugn the character, honesty, integrity, morality or business acumen or abilities of the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with any aspect of this Sweepstakes. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or administration purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
11. Change to Rules: These Official Contest Rules are subject to change.
12. Request for the Name of Winners and/or Official Rules: For information on the prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 31, 2020 to: Genesco, Inc. d/b/a Johnston & Murphy 12 Days of Giveaways 1415 Murfreesboro Road, Suite 366 Nashville, TN 37217.
13. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Genesco, Inc., 1415 Murfreesboro Road, Nashville, TN, 37217.