YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise these rights see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” section or visit our Privacy Portal.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information. Where provided by law, you have the right to direct us to stop selling your personal information to third parties and refrain from doing so in the future.
As noted above, we share Personal Information with business partners for joint marketing initiatives. That sharing may constitute a “sale” under California law, even though we do not receive monetary payment for sharing. If you opt-out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third parties to use for such purposes unless you later direct us to do so.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, which include but are not limited to when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix systems in case of a bug;
- Protect your free speech rights o or those of other customers;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us due to your exercise of the rights provided by the CCPA. We do not offer financial incentives or price and service differences, and we do not discriminate against consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Website: You can use our Privacy Portal to exercise your privacy rights via our website.
Phone: You can call us toll-free at 1-800-513-0936
Email: You can email us to exercise rights. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number in your message, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
Response Timing. We aim to respond to a consumer requests for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Nevada Residents. Effective October 1, 2019, you may submit a verified request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we not make any sale (as defined under Nevada law) of any covered information (as defined under Nevada law) that we have collected or will collect about you. We will respond to any such request as required by Nevada law.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or this policy, or if you need to access this policy in another format, please contact us.